Sub-sections for databases

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Barbara Murray
    Participant

I have some verrrry large data bases going back several years. Having the entire DB sync seems like it might be burdensome and use more space than ideal. Is there a way to subdivide DBs, so one can sync (or send to cloud) only part of a DB? For example, Records 2010, Records 2011, Records 2012, Records 2013, Records 2014 might be the subsections. I might want to put only 2014 into the cloud. I’d like to have the option of searching the ENTIRE DB on occasion (all years), but sometimes only 2014. Is that possible currently? If so, how?

I’m just learning Tap Forms, and so far am pleasantly surprised at the quality of the program, and particularly the ease of moving in Bento DBs. Thank you for your continued improvements!
    Barb

September 17, 2014 at 9:29 PM #10835

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Barb,

There’s no function for deciding which set of filtered records can be synced in Tap Forms. It’s either all forms or nothing.

However, you can certainly filter your records by year if you like. You can do that by accessing the advanced search function and adding search rules which target specific fields. On iOS or Mac, tap or click on the button just to the left of the Search field. It looks like a magnifying glass. From there you can pick specific fields, select comparison options, and enter in values.

Hope that helps!

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.