sub folders

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Gregg Engel
    Participant

I think this might have been asked before, but I’m not exactly sure, so I figured I’d ask again, especially in regard to exactly what I’m hoping to be able to do.

First, I am a former Bento user who feels abandoned by apple and Filemaker. Used to have Filemaker a long time ago, but it’s just overkill for me.

Anyway, in Bento I used to be able to have a subfolder of specific records. I am a psychologist and director of a little clinic and used to have all the clients in a data base. Then I had a subfolder that contained just my clients. So I had a rule that if the ‘discharge date’ was empty, and ‘therapist” was me, then they would show up in the subfolder of just my current clients. It’s not enough to have my name since some of them were discharged, and it’s not enough to have them listed by therapists since again I won’t have a current list of open clients, just every client that was/is mine. In Tap Form I tried the ‘grouping records by field’ but it wasn’t sufficient so I’m hoping that there might be another way.
    Thanks for your help.

Also, as a very side question, is there a way to get older versions of Tap Forms for Mac? I love Snow Leopard and refuse to upgrade, too many reasons to mention here, and I feel that older versions are being abandoned too quickly. (same with the iOS’s, now that I think about it- my phone is staying on iOS 6)

Thanks again.

Gregg.

November 10, 2013 at 4:33 PM #7527

Leo
    Participant

Hi, I believe you can do exactly what you want with saved searches.

Just do a search as you want and save it. It will turn up as a sub under your form.

Leo

November 10, 2013 at 7:22 PM #7540

Gregg Engel
    Participant

Thank You!
    This seems to have worked perfectly!

Gregg.

November 10, 2013 at 8:10 PM #7545

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Gregg,

Tap Forms required Lion right from the get-go, so it was never compatible with Snow Leopard. Sorry.

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.