Styling valuta token $

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hans
    Participant

The predefined list of valuta works great, but I would like to have a valuta token of a $ without the country prefix. If I use American Dollar I get US$ 12,34. In lists this doesn’t look fine.
    Maybe possible to add a “clean” $-token in the list?

February 23, 2020 at 7:16 AM #39626

Jim Burgess
    Participant

In the field properties, if you pick Number Format “Currency Style” and Currency 0 “<Unspecified>”. that should fix it.

February 23, 2020 at 10:57 AM #39627

Hans
    Participant

Thanks Jim for your tip, but I use the Dutch version of TapForms, an “undefined currency” results in a € token in my situation. But I want to have a $ token as valuta token.

February 23, 2020 at 12:56 PM #39629

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Hans,

This is caused by the operating system. I’m not explicitly prefixing the currency symbol with the country code. It just happens.

When you have Currency set to Unspecified, it uses whatever your local region’s currency settings are set to on your device. I guess Apple prefixes with the country code so you can distinguish between US $, CA $, AU $, etc.

But I’ve been thinking about adding customizable number formatters, like how I just added customizable date formatters.

February 23, 2020 at 12:58 PM #39630

Jim Burgess
    Participant

I believe the symbol used for currency is defined in System Preferences>Language and Region. In the advanced tab there’s a dropdown for currency. You might try setting that to US $ while leaving your language setting as is. But that could mess up other applications.

February 29, 2020 at 5:51 AM #39687

Hans
    Participant

Indeed found out that “Unspecified” comes with your default language/currency. But as Jim stated I cannot change that because of other applications which have to use the € sign.

>> But I’ve been thinking about adding customizable number formatters,
    >> like how I just added customizable date formatters

That would be the solution Bredan!

Thanks all for thinking with me.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.