Stuck sending document to iPhone from MacBook

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Stuck sending document to iPhone from MacBook

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Walter Johnson
    Participant

I’m trying to resolve some syncing issues with a document I have. It would sync from the MacBook to the iPhone, but would not ever send any updates from the iPhone to the MacBook. I removed and re-added the devices in the nearby sync several times and that did nothing. So I deleted the document on my iPhone and tried to send it over from the MacBook. It compresses the document and sends it, but never completes the send. Both the MacBook and iPhone show the progress bar full and say 95.5 MB of 95.5 MB. I can leave it in this state for 20 minutes and it never finishes. If I leave the app on the iPhone and come back the dialogs go away, but no document shows up on the iPhone.

MacBook Pro Touch Bar running High Sierra TF Version 5.2.1 (Build 866)
    iPhone 7 running iOS 11.0.2 TF Version 5.2 (731)

October 12, 2017 at 9:36 AM #25359

Walter Johnson
    Participant

I made a new document with one database in it with one record and it also failed to complete sending over to the iPhone. Just sits at 14k of 14k. So it isn’t anything specific to my document.

October 12, 2017 at 11:22 AM #25364

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Walter,

It has to do with High Sierra I believe.

I have an update coming out that uses a different way of transferring the files over which doesn’t have this problem. In fact, it just uses AirDrop from version 5.2.2 for Mac and 5.2.1 for iOS from now on.

In the meantime, just use iTunes File Sharing to copy the .tapforms document over to your iOS devices.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 12, 2017 at 2:59 PM #25368

Walter Johnson
    Participant

iTunes File Sharing did get the file over to the phone. I was able to re-set up syncing both ways, but changes on the phone still do not sync to the laptop.

October 12, 2017 at 6:23 PM #25373

Brendan
    Keymaster

Try the latest updates I just published today.

October 13, 2017 at 12:33 PM #25400

Walter Johnson
    Participant

After updating on the MacBook and iPhone and iPad, things are way better.

Sending documents was fast and easy. My larger document that used to take 10 minutes or more to send now takes seconds. FYI, I thought I had the iPad updated but it got stuck downloading and didn’t update. The MacBook was able to send the document to it but the iPad never saw the new file. So if that happens to someone else, have them double check that they updated the iOS device.

Syncing both ways now works great again. I did have a little trouble getting the iOS devices to show up in the sync pane on the MacBook. closed and reopened things, quit and relaunched, etc and they were finally there to add.

Thanks for getting me back to productive again!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.