Strange Thing, Encryption is gone

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

HFB
    Participant

Hi,

by chance I noted something really strange. I had encrypted my database with AES256, but nothing is encryted any more. There is even no way, to activate encrytion at all. Checked this with a friend of mine, who also uses Tapforms on his brandnew 3GS, same thing there. What happened???

Im also absolutely unhappy with the use of Pinch Media, as a user of a bought version, I dont like datamining without asking me.

Rgds

Hartmut

February 12, 2010 at 7:27 PM #3923

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Hartmut,

Can you please email support@tapforms.com with the details of what you discovered? I’d like to fix it.

Thanks,

Brendan

P.S. I use Pinch Media just to know what areas of the app are most popular so I can focus on improving those areas. It also helps me to know how often the app is being used. Absolutely no personal information is transmitted to the Pinch Media servers. All data is aggregated. It helps me to make a better product for you.

February 26, 2010 at 12:36 PM #3956

HFB
    Participant

Hi,

my encrytion is back, to be honest, I believe it was never gone. The thing is, that the German translation is not as it should be in some points. Encryption should be translated ‘Verschlüsselung’ not ‘Zugangscode’. Zugangscode means passcode in German. Another thing is ‘Categories’ are ‘Kategorien’, not ‘Kategorieren’ and finally under the import/export settings should be ‘Importeinstellungen’ not ‘Importiere Einstellungen’ and ‘Exporteinstellungen’ not ‘Einstellungen exportieren’.

I tried around a bit with import/export and I noted, that importing was not possible when encoding was set to automatic. It worked well when set to ‘Windows Latin 1’ (System is Vista 32bit).

And finally a big thanks to the developer(s), Tapforms is my most loved and used App on the iPhone.

Rgds

Hartmut

March 3, 2010 at 2:33 AM #3966

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Hartmut,

Can you check the German translations of the words you had troubles with? They have been modified now.

Thanks,

Brendan

March 3, 2010 at 2:23 PM #3969

HFB
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

sorry they are still wrong. All the translations I mentioned above were under ‘Tools’ menue. I have already upgraded to the latest version, or do I have to uninstall and then reinstall newly?

Rgds

Hartmut

March 3, 2010 at 2:46 PM #3970

HFB
    Participant

Hi again,

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the App. Still wrong translations. I thought probably it helps to change the language and switch it back then, but I noted, that changing the language wont work.

Any ideas?

Rgds

Hartmut

March 3, 2010 at 4:18 PM #3972

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hmm… Ok, I thought I had included them in my 1.9.2 update, but perhaps they’ll be in my next update. If you email me at support@tapforms.com I can reply and send you a screenshot of what I have.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.