Strange behaviour with fields

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Gazzaho
    Participant

Hi,

I’m new to Tap Forms and have just bought it for the iPad. I decided to create a hardware category to store serial numbers for my various gadgets. When doing this I used a templet for serial numbers and added fields as needed, after entering one gadgets information I duplicated the form and entered info for another gadget, repeating as needed for more gadgets.

The strange thing is, the fields in the form started to compress until only four or five were visible at the top of the page and I had to scroll through them, this left a 3/4 blank space to the bottom of the page. After this happened the app crashed to the home page, no info was lost when this happened and I haven’t been working with it long enough to determine if its reproducible, I was wondering if others have had a similar experience or not? I just thought I’d mention it as it may be a bug.

March 9, 2011 at 4:18 AM #4511

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Gazzaho,

Hmm.. that’s pretty strange. When you say you duplicated the form, do you mean you actually tapped “Duplicate Record” or did you go to the Customize Forms area and tap “Duplicate Form”?

Thanks,

Brendan

March 9, 2011 at 7:14 AM #4512

Gazzaho
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

After working some more with the app I’ve used the Customised Forms plus using the + icon on the bottom left with the same result. Although with not so extreme results, it does seem to crash/exit the app a lot though while inputting data,I’ve no idea if this is related to the symptoms I’m experiencing or not, but in two hours or so it’s Went to the home page at least five times, as I’ve said no data is lost but it’s a little irritating when it happens.

Sorry I can’t be more help, as I become familiar with the app I may be able to narrow the problem down a little better, if/when I do I’ll keep you updated.

Gazzaho

March 9, 2011 at 7:23 AM #4513

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Gazzaho,

Ah, I think you’re using the iPad version. The + button at the bottom-left creates a new record for the selected form. Try exiting the form by tapping the back/Forms button at the top-left of the records list view on the left side. That should reset the view. I’m currently working on improving that area of the app and trying to make it more stable. Sorry for the troubles.

Thanks,

Brendan

March 9, 2011 at 1:57 PM #4516

Gazzaho
    Participant

OK Brendan thanks for the response, I’ve also noticed that working the way I have with fields if I delete a field in one record it deletes the same field in every other record. Is it possible to have different fields in records of the same type? For instance, if I have two serial number records, can I have one with a password field and one without?

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.