Storage of attachments

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Michael Miller
    Participant

If a file is deleted from the Imports folder after it has been attached to a record, will the attachment to the record be deleted too? In other words, do all file attachments have to remain in the imported file list to be accessible? I had assumed that the Imports was a step in the process to attaching the file to a record.

I do not have a Dropbox account, and do not see a way to link to iBooks files, so will it be necessary to accumulate a large collection in the Imports folder.

March 30, 2014 at 9:51 PM #9560

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Tap Forms does link to the file you’re attaching on the iOS version. In the Mac version it copies the files into an Attachments folder. So if you delete a file on the iOS version, you will lose the connection to that file from the File Attachment field in your form.

I suppose perhaps I should be doing the same thing in the iOS version as I’m doing in the Mac version by copying the file into the Attachments folder when you select it.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 6, 2014 at 5:08 AM #9657

Michael Miller
    Participant

I am sure you have a lot on your plate, but as a multi-platform user, that consistency would help. Thanks, Michael

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.