Start and ending date on calendar

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Paolo
    Participant

Can you please let me know if you plan to add in Date and time field an option to select start and ending date?
    Now I can select only the starting date of an event with the option to automatically add it to the calendar. Whould be great if the user can also set the ending date in order to add a multi-day event on calendar with one click.
    Would be great also to add a button to delete a multi-day event from the calendar.
    I have multiple calendars, a very long list, and I noticed that the calendar menu that appear in Date and time window is not in alfabetical order, there is a chance to correct this issue?

So these are my suggestions both for iPad and Mac version:

– add starting and ending date in Date and time Field to add a multi-day event from selected calendar

– add a button to delete a multi-day event from selected calendar

– organize in alfabetical order the calendar list that appear in Date and time Field.

Thanks for your attention!

April 20, 2017 at 4:10 PM #22651

Paolo
    Participant

Just for info… I use the database as reservation system. I have a list of accommodations relationed with a list of owners and a list of reservations. I have multiple iCal calendars, one for each accommodation, synchronized with booking websites that support iCal format. This is why is very important for me to add a unique field with starting and ending date in order to add a reservation on selected calendar, with also an option to delete it. This can turn your database in a real channel manager if properly setted.

April 20, 2017 at 5:14 PM #22654

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Mario,

Thanks for the feature requests. In Tap Forms 5.1 I’ve just added code to sort the calendars alphabetically. I’ll have to think about adding the end date and adding a date range to the calendar.

Thanks!

Brendan

April 21, 2017 at 3:35 PM #22661

Paolo
    Participant

Dear Brendan, thank you so much for your answer. The end date and the range date is fully supported by default apple calendar. I really hope to see these features in future release. Trust me, your database is the most robust, easy to use, customizable and user friendly that I ever knew. It is an indispensable work station for my job. I’m ready to start a donation to encourage your effort.

All my best,
    Mario

October 12, 2017 at 6:26 AM #25354

Paolo
    Participant

Hi Brendan, any news about the possibility to add the end date and a date range to the calendar?

Thanks!

October 12, 2017 at 10:50 AM #25361

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Paolo,

I haven’t added the End Date function to the Date & Time field. Sorry.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 12, 2017 at 11:24 AM #25366

Paolo
    Participant

Thanks for your fast reply. I hope that it can be implemented in the future :-)

Paolo

November 17, 2017 at 2:39 PM #25961

Sydney Sauber
    Participant

Hi Brendan and Paolo,
    I second the request for Start and End dates. Right now I use the “Date & Time” Field and on the form I “Name” it “Start date & Time” and “End Date & Time” so I know what kind of field I used and so it will post to my calendar if I want it to. (BTW, same problem for The fields “DUE” and “Completed”). The problem is…the field values must be adjusted manually and the “start” filed must be adjusted manually to match the “Date Created”if I want them to be the same. Otherwise the date &Time ” fields lags a few seconds behind the “created” filed, even if I click it what seems to be immediately. Any way I can set a “Date & Time” field to (calculate) or copy the “Creation Date” value (for when I want it to be the same)? Or is there some trick I don’t know about getting “Date Fields” other than “Date & Time” to show up in iCal?
    Thanks
    Sydney

November 18, 2017 at 1:07 PM #25973

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Sydney,

Only the Date & Time field supports adding to the Calendar because a time was needed to be specified along with the date, so that’s why I did that. Now, I realize a time wouldn’t be required if you’re adding an event that spans multiple dates (e.g. all day events). I can certainly add an End Date to the Date & Time popup for use only when clicking the Add to Calendar button. But to do it right that would also require me to display that somewhere in Tap Forms. So the Calendar View in Tap Forms would need to display record events across multiple dates. Certainly doable, but quite a bit of work.

November 18, 2017 at 1:08 PM #25974

Brendan
    Keymaster

Also, you could create a Date & Time (or Date or Time) field that has the “Current Date” property enabled for the Default Value which will set the current date automatically for you when the record is created.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.