Split: Transferring document from one device to another

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Split: Transferring document from one device to another

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

stephen dunn
    Participant

I have tap forms 5 on my iMac, iPad and iPhone. I have migrated data from Tap forms HD to the I mac but I cannot make that data appear on the iPhone or iPad versions of TF5. I have tried both sets of instructions for sending a document (incidentally is a document an individual record or a group of records under one title?)- the one where i have to have the document open and the one where i have to close all documents. I have tried backing up TFhd and then using the backed up zip to create a data base in TF5. Nothing. I now get a window saying that the back up document all ready exists but i cannot find it TF5 looks empty. Instruction says to sync a document the same doc must be open on both devises – How do you get the document onto the other devoice in the first place?

Steve

October 2, 2016 at 9:28 AM #19885

Brendan
    Keymaster

Stephen,

I’ve moved your question to a new topic because it has nothing to do with my announcement post.

Please see this video which demonstrates how to send a document from one device to another:

Also see this video which talks about multiple documents:

In fact, there’s lots of videos that talk about all sorts of new things in Tap Forms 5:

https://vimeo.com/channels/tapformsmac5/page:1

A document is a database file that contains one or more forms. A form is just a structure that contains fields that can hold data. Within a form for the structure defined by the fields, there can be multiple records. The records display all your values for the fields defined on the form. Hope that makes sense.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.