Split screen

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

John McArthur
    Participant

Hi,

One of my form displays has decided to go into a split screen, so there is a partial view of the form on the left 50% of the screen and there is nothing displayed on the Right 50%.
    Obviously I have pressed/selected something I shouldn’t have! :-)
    All my other forms are showing as ok so it’s a specific setting for that form, not a generic change.
    There doesn’t appear to be an option anywhere to revert back to a ‘non-split screen’.
    Can anyone advise?

Many thanks.

March 4, 2022 at 12:30 PM #46923

Chris Medeiros
    Participant

Is it possible that form is utilizing Mac OS X ‘Split View’? That’s where you click and hold the green button on the upper left of the form’s window and drag to one side or the other of the display? If so, you should be able to disengage it by moving your pointer to the top of the form’s window and the menu bar should reappear where you can click on the green button again to return things back to normal.

March 4, 2022 at 1:09 PM #46924

John McArthur
    Participant

Thanks for your input Chris.

I don’t think the problem is a generic OS issue.
    Other forms I have created do not have the same split screen problem.
    For example, ‘Form1’ displays correctly and has a ‘Link to Form’ field that initiates ‘Form2’ (the affected form). So ‘Form1’ has no split screen but ‘Form2’ shows up with a split screen.
    If I return to ‘Form1’, it still shows no split screen. So only Form2 is affected.

Maybe it’s an internal TF view setting that I need to alter specifically for Form2, but if there is one it’s not obvious.

March 4, 2022 at 11:49 PM #46928

Brendan
    Keymaster

Can you post a screenshot?

Maybe one form you’re just using the multi-column list view?

Click the View buttons at the top of the window to switch views. Tap Forms will display a split view either horizontally or vertically depending on the view you select.

March 5, 2022 at 4:53 AM #46929

John McArthur
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

When I select ‘Multi columns’ I get a split view with an excel type view of the records at the top and the form view below it. When I select ‘single’ column the display returns to a 50/50 split with the obscured form view on the left and a blank screen on the right.

I have TF on 2 Macs. The other Mac shows the form as normal.
    So I have attached 2 images from the problem Mac (MAC1) and one image of what the form view should be showing, taken from the ‘good’ Mac (MAC2).

A little puzzler for you. :-)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 5, 2022 at 3:16 PM #46934

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Ah.. ok. That’s not technically a split screen view. It’s just the custom layout is being truncated on the right. It’s probably because you don’t have Screen selected next to the “Design for” option on the Layout Inspector panel. Change it to Screen, or even just click on it again and that should fix the issue.

Thanks,

Brendan

March 5, 2022 at 3:52 PM #46936

John McArthur
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

It worked but with a slight variation.
    When I clicked on the ‘Screen’ icon nothing happened. When I clicked for the second time, the right hand-side background turned black. I exited TF and reloaded it. Form1 then showed truncation & black background!
    I clicked on Screen again, quit TF and reloaded it. Form1 reverted back to normal but Form2 still showed truncation. I thought I’d try the Edit Layout option from the toolbar so clicked on the option and hey presto the truncation was removed…without actually doing anything else! Very weird. All ok now. :-)

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

March 6, 2022 at 12:38 AM #46937

Brendan
    Keymaster

Glad you found a solution. Sorry for the trouble.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.