Split: Install iPad version after iPhone purchase

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Split: Install iPad version after iPhone purchase

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Michael Puckett
    Participant

Thank you for your prompt response Brendan, but this is not working for me. Maybe because I am in Norway.
    Maybe I’m in the wrong forum here – I now see it is about Tap Forms 5 Upgrade. – I am new to Tap Forms. I have bought and downloaded for the mac (v 5.2.1 (build 866). I have bought and downloaded version 5.2 for my iphone running IOS 11. When I go to the app store on my iPad for Tap Forms 5, I am required to buy it again.

I will try again tomorrow

October 3, 2017 at 1:13 PM #25063

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

I’ve split your response out to a new topic so as not to clutter up the upgrade FAQ post with our conversation.

You really should not have to purchase it again if you’re logged in to the App Store using the same Apple ID you used to purchase it on your iPhone.

Try signing out of the App Store on your iPad and sign back in again using the same Apple ID as your iPhone.

Then check to see if you can install it for free.

Make sure that you’re installing the Tap Forms 5 Organizer version on the iPad. There is an older “Tap Forms HD” version that’s specific for iPad. You don’t want that one. That’s the older version.

October 3, 2017 at 11:17 PM #25074

Michael Puckett
    Participant

Thank you Brendan.

This morning iTunes has realised I bought the mobile version on iphone and I have successfully installed on iPad. I suspect that it did not help that IOS upgraded (again) from 11.0.1 to 11.0.2 and many other apps were upgrading. IOS 11 feels like a mess – but I always say that when they upgrade. There’s an English expression which is something about old dogs and new tricks.

This mornings’ agenda – two double espresso’s and the Tap Forms user guide on the Mac.

October 4, 2017 at 10:49 PM #25110

Brendan
    Keymaster

Excellent! I’m glad you were able to get Tap Forms installed on your iPad now. The whole installation and purchase process is entirely out of the control of developers of any app for apps sold on the iOS and Mac App Stores.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.