Sorting on iPhone

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Calion
    Participant

I’m trying to sort my records by reverse entry date, but it’s not working. I’m tapping Filters, then changing the sort order under “Sort & Group Settings,” but that results in no records found. I would think that if I don’t add a search rule or define a search term, it would find all records…

July 21, 2018 at 6:38 PM #30104

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Calion,

That sort setting is just for the actual Saved Searches.

To sort all the records, tap the action menu button, then the Customize Form button, then the Sort & Group Settings on the Edit Form screen.

You can adjust the sort direction there too.

Thanks,

Brendan

July 21, 2018 at 8:09 PM #30105

Calion
    Participant

Oh, geez. That’s kind of a pain just to change the sorting, which I may want to do often, though it’s fine to set the default sort. I suggest having no search terms find all records. But thanks.

July 21, 2018 at 9:42 PM #30112

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ya I can understand how that would be useful. I’ll look into changing it.

July 21, 2018 at 9:56 PM #30113

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ok, I’ve made the change. Tap Forms 5.3 will have the ability to return all records from a Saved Search that has no search rules on it, sorted by your sort settings.

July 22, 2018 at 5:15 AM #30118

Calion
    Participant

Thanks! I think this puts Tapforms ahead of most other databases and spreadsheets, because it lets you keep a default sort while you use other sorts. I often get irritated that I have to try to remember my complex sorting if I ever want to use a different sort for a moment.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.