Sort records arbitrarily?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Greg Maletic
    Participant

I’d like to be able to order my records in Photo Grid View by simply dragging them around, and have that ordering preserved. Is this possible? Thanks.

May 2, 2019 at 7:30 PM #34622

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Greg,

I’m going to move your post to the Using Tap Forms forum since you posted it in the Template Exchange forum.

It’s not possible to order records arbitrarily. You’ll have to have it sorted by a specific field in your form.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 8, 2019 at 1:15 PM #34686

Bill Howell
    Participant

I’m trying to sort the list of records. The tutorial mentions a “Sort & Group Settings” but I cannot find that on the iOS version. Thanks

May 8, 2019 at 8:39 PM #34689

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Bill,

Tap on your form that you want to sort. That’ll display the list of records in that form. Then tap on the action menu button. Then tap on “Customize Form”. You’ll land on the Edit Form screen. Now scroll down and you’ll see an item called “Sort & Group Settings”. Tap on that and you’ll be able to specify which field you’d like to sort your form’s records by.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 8, 2019 at 9:45 PM #34691

Bill Howell
    Participant

Great. Thanks. Don’t know why I didn’t see it before except that I was on my iPhone. This time I used the iPad. Bill

May 9, 2019 at 7:04 AM #34697

Stephen Martin
    Participant

I would also like a record manual sort option, or a “Move-Up” / “Move-Down” option. Drag N Drop would be most desired. Just feedback. NRN’d

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.