Sort by Date does not sort correctly

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Robby
    Participant

Im a wedding photographer and this could be a great aid when collecting, storing and saving client details.

My principal key field is the weddng date but I just cant get the records to sort properly. Ive searched the forum and come up with no answers – is this a known problem?

Thanks.

December 30, 2011 at 8:14 PM #5012

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Robby,

I have corrected this bug for the next update which I submitted to Apple 2 days ago. I’m just waiting for their approval. It has to do with the fact that the iPad version is not saving dates after you enter a date value. And since dates aren’t saving, then sorting isn’t working as a side-effect.

Hopefully Apple will approve the update shortly.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 30, 2011 at 11:38 PM #5013

Robby
    Participant

Thanks for the speedy response Brendan. Looking forward to the update.

Another couple of questions if you dont mind. Is there any possiblity of having a field type that once the date is chosen from the date picker the actual day of the week (Monday, Tuesday….) is automatically entered.

At the moment I have a drop down pick list for the day of the week but obviously thats a source of possible error. If the day of the week could be automagically entered once the date is chosen then that would be great.

Also any possibility of a Boolean field type?

Not wishing to slap you on the back too hard Brendan, but youve got a brilliant app here, may sound daft but Im really enjoying putting it through its paces. Entering data has never been so much fun.

And another vote for the old colours. Hope you didnt pay that graphic designer too much ;)

December 31, 2011 at 7:06 AM #5015

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Robby,

I guess that’s really just a date formatting issue to include the day of the week. I’ll see about adding an option to a future release to set your own date format.

There is a boolean field type. It’s the Checkmark field type. It stores the value in a boolean column in the database.

Old colours? Are you talking about the app icon? I’ve always used blue for the colours. I like blue :-)

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.