Some suggestions and questions from new user

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Some suggestions and questions from new user

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Tristan V
    Participant

Greetings,

After doing much research for an alternative Bento app, I settled on your Tap Forms. I got both the desktop App and the App for the iPad.

After testing it and looking at the ipad layout…I have some questions.

1. In the Design editor why can’t I simply copy and paste a field? Or any item on the canvas? I think this should be a normal thing and makes it more efficient to do layouts.

2. It would be really great if there was an option to create an image background in a resizable box. It would really take Tap Forms to the next level esthetically, if can place my own background image textures behind fields.

3. How come there is only the list layout on the ipad? Why can’t I see the layout as is in the design view of the desktop version? Bento allowed that.
    Why can’t I hide the thumbs on the left column of the ipad version? so I can see full horizontal mode. This is super important! Also it would be nice to swipe from on entry to another using fingers on the touchpad screen.

4. It would be nice if there was a field where an actual google map can be inserted.

5. It would be nice if there was a photo gallery option.

That’s it for now, otherwise great app! and I look forward to future enhancements, particularly in more design options with background graphics, and seeing the actual design layout on the ipad.
    (I am an Art Director- Award Winning Designer, and if you want I can give you some visual ideas)

Thank you, all your answers would be appreciated.

T

December 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM #8366

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Tristan,

Thanks for your great feedback.

1. Copy and paste is something I know I need to add. In fact, I’ll try to get it in for the next update. For fields you can just drag another field into the view again if you want the field to be on the form more than once. But you’re right, I need to add proper copy and paste.

2. This is also something on my todo list. You can add images to your layout right now, but it doesn’t quite work right with an image completely behind all other objects. You can drag an image in from other apps or from the Finder or use the camera button in the little toolbar at the top of the layout inspector panel.

3. I haven’t written the code to provide the custom layouts on the iPad version, but it’s also on my to-do list. A little longer term though.

4. You can use a location field type. It will display the map in a sheet when you click on the location button. It would be nice to have the map actually appear inline within the layout though.

5. A photo gallery would be a nice option and again, on my long-term to-do list. What that means is it’s not one of the immediate plans that I have in mind to work on, but at some point I would like to have that ability.

I would be most grateful for any visual ideas you have on the app.

Thanks!

Brendan

December 21, 2013 at 5:21 PM #8379

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Tristan,

I worked on Copy and Paste for the past couple of days and I got it working. So you’ll be able to cut/copy/paste objects between layouts (of the same form).

December 21, 2013 at 5:36 PM #8381

Tristan V
    Participant

Thanks for all the answers Brendan!

So the copy and paste workaround, is that an update I should download?

Tristan V

December 21, 2013 at 6:08 PM #8383

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tristan,

It’ll be in the next update which will be version 2.0.1. I’m still working on that update. And Apple won’t be doing any Mac App Store reviews for about a week. And it takes a week or two to get a review, so it’ll still be a while before you can copy/paste in the layout designer.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.