Some questions – Tap Forms 5

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

MPS niper
    Participant

Good afternoon, I think my post got buried in the FAQ post, so I’ll just copy/paste what I asked in this new post:

Just wanted to say that the I watched the promo video and it looks great! I don’t have the latest version installed yet though because I wanted to ask a few questions before I upgraded.

1. If we are still using the previous version of TapForms on our Mac and iPads, the Dropbox sync will still continue to work correct? Or will it stop working for some reason? The Dropbox sync works perfectly for me. If not Dropbox, I’d rather use something like Box or GoogleDrive as a cloud based syncing service.

2. This is HUGE for me and the people I work with. After all these years, will this version 5 FINALLY allow us to print custom templates from our iPads? PLEASE SAY YES!! lol. If not, then I’ll probably just stay on the older version for now :-(

The way we use it now is that we put the data on our iPads and sync it using dropbox. Then open up the Mac version and wait for everything to sync then click over to our custom template to print out a report and stuff. We would rather be able to print/email the custom template while we are out in the field working rather than having to wait to get back to our office to use a Mac.

Thanks for your hard work!

September 7, 2016 at 2:42 PM #19409

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi MPS,

1. Dropbox sync in Tap Forms will cease to function in June of next year. But the iCloud implementation should still work as it does now. That’s because not only did Dropbox deprecate the Dropbox Sync API that I used in the older version (as mentioned in the FAQ), but they have also decided to stop supporting the back-end services that the Dropbox Sync API used. They call that the Dropbox API v1, which is what the Dropbox Sync API uses. They’ll only be supporting the car Dropbox API v2 after that time. So sometime before then I’ll have to release an update to the previous version of Tap Forms that removes the Dropbox sync functionality.

2. No, I haven’t written support for custom layouts in version 5. Sorry about that.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.