Some improvements

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Cosmo
    Participant

Hi! I found that program is good.
    But it seems to me in case of a lot of password fields it would be not bad idea to have password generator in that program!
    Another good possibility – to have an opportunity to work with different bases! (may be someone want’s not to have all eggs in one basket!!). Or users can have several databases – f/e/ one for personal use, and another for sharing with… Now it is also possible (to cut one database and to copy another one, but it is “dancing with tambourine”. It more comfortable to have this option in File menu.
    Third improvements – it would be very good to have opportunity to setup synchronization with my own server (f.e. Mac mini).

Best regards

June 30, 2013 at 4:03 PM #6268

Brendan
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feature suggestions Cosmo.

Brendan

July 30, 2013 at 8:42 AM #6325

Cosmo
    Participant

Hi Brendan!
    Can you please tell me – is it real to wait theese improvements?
    If yes – tell please when…

Another question: when I use Find feature on Mac – it is not possible to click in founded entry – it disappear when I try to click anywhere in the entry. May be it is some error in program??

July 30, 2013 at 9:01 AM #6327

Cosmo
    Participant

Another good improvements – possibility to attach several files, not only one! That feature exist in 1password for example.
    Of coarse it is possible to add several fields with type “attached file”s but, there are different attachments can be in one type of records.
    What do you think??

July 31, 2013 at 7:24 AM #6338

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Cosmo,

Well, some of your suggestions aren’t really possible, but I take every feature suggestion into consideration. For example, your suggestion of different databases. Tap Forms stores all its data (including all your forms) in a single database file called TapForms_db.sqlite. On the Mac this is stored in ~/Library/Containers/com.tapforms.mac/Data/Documents. Tap Forms is designed to work with this one file. Multiple forms are stored within this file.

There are lots of things to think about for storing multiple files within a single field. There has to be a way to reference the different files in the database, then there needs to be a different user interface to select them and to display them.

So lots to consider.

I am not able to add every feature that every customer requests, no matter how important the feature may be to that customer. If I were to do that, Tap Forms would be a giant mess and would be of no value to anyone. So I consider all feature requests, but I don’t guarantee that I can implement them all or that I can respond to each and every feature request with reasons as to why I may or may not implement it. But I do appreciate all feature requests I receive.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.