Some Display Oddities

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Mike Schwartz
    Participant

Here are a couple of display nits in Tap Forms Mac to look at if you run out of important stuff to work on:

1) I have a custom form and layout that includes a File Attachments field. It is sized vertically at about 2-1/4 rows. That is, it shows two attachments fully, with a little peek of the third attachment if there is one. In records that have one or two attachments, they display fine. But if the field contains three attachments, then the first one appears with its icon missing. If I simply hover the cursor over the missing icon, it pops into view and remains visible until I leave and revisit the record. Then it’s missing again.
    2) My layout has a background color. If I zoom the layout to 150% and then back to 100%, the background color doesn’t shrink back down with the rest of the layout. In fact, if I then select a different form altogether from the sidebar, the new form’s layout appears surrounded by the color from the previous form. The problem persists across forms until I quit and relaunch Tap Forms.

February 1, 2017 at 10:50 PM #21005

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the feedback.

1. I’ll do some tests with 3 attachments or more to see if I see the missing icon. I don’t remember seeing this problem before.
    2. I did notice the other day that another layout showed behind the current layout. That was very odd. I’ll have to dig into that. Similar to your issue I think.

February 2, 2017 at 11:59 AM #21013

Mike Schwartz
    Participant

Great. One more bit of info about Item 1 (disappearing icon): I noticed today that the same issue appears in the Default Layout, where the File Attachments field resizes itself vertically for each record to display all of its file attachments without scrolling.

One other peculiarity about the File Attachment Field: In the Default Layout, if I click the little arrow in the sorted column to reverse the sort order (i.e., arrow points down), then the setting is remembered as I switch from one record to another. But if I do the same thing in a custom layout, then the sort order reverts to Ascending Order (arrow points up) as soon as I switch to another record. Would prefer to see consistent behavior between default and custom layouts. Thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.