• Author

tonyt
    Participant

Hi

I am using:

iMac and MacAir both running Mavericks 10.9.5 with TapForms 2.2.3
    iPodTouch running IOS 7.1.2 and TapForms 3.8.3

I sync using iCloud – NOT iCloudDrive as not on Yosemite / IOS8

I want to try TapForms 3.0 on one of my Macs. What should I do to ensure syncing continues OK as at the moment everything is fine, but I need the label printing facility.

Thanks – its just this whole sync thing / encryption key business scares me in case I mess things up and lose my data!!!

Cheers!

October 27, 2014 at 12:57 PM #11413

Leo
    Participant

Tony,

as long as you do not go to iCloud drive syncing continues on all your devices.

Leo

October 28, 2014 at 12:28 AM #11424

tonyt
    Participant

Thanks Leo

But do I need to sign out of iCloud, turn off sync, etc., etc…

I just want a step by step guide to how to upgrade to TF3 on one mac and have sync carry on working. I have searched, but can’t seem to find anything although Im sure there is something somewhere – appologies!

Cheers

tony

October 28, 2014 at 1:32 AM #11429

Brendan
    Keymaster

You can use Tap Forms 3.0 on Mavericks. Just don’t upgrade to Yosemite or iOS 8 and you’ll be fine.

October 28, 2014 at 1:33 AM #11430

Brendan
    Keymaster

Although version 3.0 does have some additional columns in the database that should just be ignored when syncing with older versions of Tap Forms. But I haven’t done a whole lot of testing with your scenario. The iOS apps now require iOS 8.

October 28, 2014 at 12:19 PM #11450

John Healy
    Participant

So, if I understand correctly, if I upgrade to the latest version of iOS on my iPhone and iPad (iOS 8.1) and the latest Tap Form app versions as well, and enable iCloud Drive in the process, then Tap Forms 3.0 on my Mac running Mac OS 10.9.5 Mavericks will stop working with iCloud Sync, eh.

Well, that’s what I did and indeed Tap Forms Mac 3.0 iCloud Sync stopped working. I’m not ready to upgrade to Yosemite (10.10) yet — I’m testing on another boot drive still. So what to do?

October 28, 2014 at 8:37 PM #11468

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi John,

There’s nothing you can do but to upgrade to Yosemite now. This is an iCloud account-level change that Apple has done. As soon as you upgrade even one device to the new OS and enable iCloud Drive, Apple will migrate your data from the old Documents & Data iCloud sync service to the new iCloud Drive service. They can’t keep syncing between those two services, so it’s a one-way migration with no going back.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.