SMS sending

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Anyway to send one SMS to a phone filled field with a text calculated field as content ?
    Thanks

November 18, 2021 at 6:56 PM #45738

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

You could use a form script to send an SMS using a web API gateway like Twilio. Twilio’s API is accessible via HTTP so I think Tap Forms’ Javascript API should be sufficient to make the requests.

November 18, 2021 at 7:13 PM #45739

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Did a little more digging, minor complication is that you can’t pass custom headers with the Tap Forms implementations, so you’d need a bridge service to call into and then have it call into something like Twilio.

November 19, 2021 at 2:38 AM #45741

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hmm… I thought I added support for a custom headers dictionary:

JSUtils.getJsonFromUrlWithHeaders(url, headers);

headers is a dictionary.

Did you need a get or a post for that?

November 19, 2021 at 2:59 AM #45743

Hi Sam & Brendan, thanks for your feedbacks but … I need to send about 20 SMS a month, and I’m a real good newbie in scripting, API, aso … (But, great thanks to Sam for his videos, I’ve transferred values to a child form successfully this morning, so happy !)
    So without a simple way to do that SMS stuff, gonna stay with this good ol’ copy-paste !
    Have a nice day

November 19, 2021 at 8:21 AM #45746

Just found an easy way to send my few SMS a month:
    I’ve put on a custom layout my calculated field text to send and a contact field, first I copy my text and then a click on the contact, select send a message, paste and that’s it !

November 19, 2021 at 9:54 AM #45748

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Awesome to hear you got a flow that worked for you! For something like 20 SMS that’s probably the best balance of automation and cost. Also great to hear the videos were helpful to you as well.

@Brendan the API uses a POST so it’d be a Utils.postContentToUrlWithHeaders perhaps (content type is a header so no need to map that). Though maybe a more generic sendHttpRequest(method, url, headers, body) might make more sense? If it returned an object with the headers and body then it’d be easier to handle in Javascript as well. That would mean I could also do DELETE or PUT requests too.

November 19, 2021 at 10:43 AM #45749

Daniel Leu
    Participant

It would be nice to have a generic sendHttpRequest() API, ideally that returns an error response as well.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.