Small window size

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Glen Forister
    Participant

Today I played with “Rectangle” which has lots of use, but I found it wasn’t worth the effort.

Later I doscovered that I can’t get TapForms windows to get bigger than half the screen.  See attached.

I’ve removed Rectangle and returned all settings to normal, and all my programs work fine, except TapForms refuses to get bigger than 1/2 screen size and the partitions can’t be resized, even though I do get the left/right adjustment arrows I can’t resize the left “All Forms” col so I can’t use TapForms anymore at all.

Do you have a suggestion?  I don’t think reinstalling the OS will accomplish anything since all other programs are acting normally.

Help…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    April 13, 2024 at 9:35 AM #50689

Glen Forister
    Participant

Update.  not fixed, but a get around.  I would still like to fix it.

I discovered that if I selected the CHARTS VIEW, it pushed the TapForms window past the restricted size after which I could set it back to MULTI-COL LIST VIEW and expand the window to as large as I want and view and edit records again.

The interesting thing is, if I change the window horizontal size to a certain point (like shown in the supplied picture) the horizontal enlargement is locked again and the only way to get past it is to select CHARTS VIEW.  A little annoying, but not a fatal condition.  I hope this helps you figure out what is going on.

April 13, 2024 at 11:42 AM #50690

Glen Forister
    Participant

Things are getting worse.  Now, I can’t edit most of the fields in most of my forms.

The Text, Note & Date fields are locked.  The Location fields seem to work.

I can add a new record and all those fields are not locked.

What is going on?  This is serious.  Do I have a corrupted file?

I assumed I had a corrupted file so lost a lot of work, but restored from several days ago.

Now the file isn’t corrupted and I can edit them, the window problem still exists.

April 13, 2024 at 6:22 PM #50693

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Glen,

Try these steps:

1. Quit Tap Forms
    2. Launch the Terminal application
    3. Copy the following to the clipboard:
      defaults delete com.tapzapp.tapforms-mac
    4. Paste that into the Terminal window
    5. Launch Tap Forms and see how that goes.

You can also switch to the Single Column List view and resize the sidebar forms list panel.

April 13, 2024 at 6:38 PM #50694

Glen Forister
    Participant

The terminal command didn’t change anything, even after a reboot.

Any time I reduce the horizontal size past a certain point towards the left side, a set point is created where I can’t expand the window towards the right side unless I pick another view like graph or single view.  As long as I don’t forget that I’ll be ok, but it is disconcerting.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.