small bug report: pick lists

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Frank Tikket
    Participant

this seems to only apply when you are synching between at least two macs or more (iOS seems unaffected)…

Basically if you modify a picklist (add values, add color labels, etc..) and sync, the changes will not reflect on another mac. Even though the pick list will update in the editing picklist screen, it will not allow you to select new picklist items and you will not see any new color labels until you do the following:

1. go to edit the form,
    2. select the data field where the picklist is active
    3. when its asks you to select the picklist (it will be on your default picklist), select “Unspecified”..wait a few seconds
    4. then re-select the proper picklist that was displayed prior to selecting “unspecified”

This seems to RESET the data field to now fetch the new/updated picklist that you updated beforehand, and not be stuck fetching old picklist data that doesn’t exist anymore.

Hope this helps someone, hope there is a fix… possibly this is just happening to my two macs (i noticed the same occurrence on two different picklists, separate of each other so thats why i think it may be a bug)

June 13, 2015 at 8:33 PM #13999

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

Does it refresh properly if you just quit and re-launch the app after your sync?

Thanks,

Brendan

June 15, 2015 at 10:12 AM #14010

Frank Tikket
    Participant

No it did not help with the relaunch. The only method for me was the method described above. I am curious if someone else can replicate as I have everything in sync right now and working properly (have not made picklist changes since)

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.