Siri / voice recognition?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Glen Forister
    Participant

I was trying to search a database for a word while in the presence of other people talking and the search bar would type anything the other people were saying.  Was very confusing until I discovered what it was putting in the search bar was what people were saying.

So, tried to disconnect TF from Siri on my iPhone.  Now Siri doesn’t work for anything, but the search bar in a Form still types whatever is said.

I also deleted anything I could find that connected TF in Settings for my iPhone under TapForms.  Still didn’t solve the problem.

I want Siri to work, but I’m not sure I want voice recognition in TF to work while I’m in a group of people.  So, how do I solve these problems?  I can see where voice recognition would be very handy in some situations, but in a group it is a nightmare.  I couldn’t find this in the manual with searching for “Voice” or “Siri”, and a couple other things I forget.

December 17, 2023 at 5:32 PM #50243

Glen Forister
    Participant

I think I have it controlled now – “Voice Control” is turned off.  Is there anything else I should know about?

December 17, 2023 at 6:52 PM #50244

Brendan
    Keymaster

Siri voice input for fields and the search field in Tap Forms is controlled by the system, not by Tap Forms. So whatever settings you have in your system is what Tap Forms will abide by.

AKA, it’s out of my control.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.