SINGLE COLUMN VIEW – Display problem

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Script Talk SINGLE COLUMN VIEW – Display problem

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

PICOT Jean-Bernard
    Participant

Hello,
    When I select a record on the left column, the record displayed on the right is not the one selected, but the one below the selected. If I then select another record on the left, it again shows the content of the one below on the right.
    This happens from time to time (somewhat annoying if you start filling data…)
    When I move to multi-column view and come back to single column, it does not change the situation.
    This happens only recently, but many times now. So, I think there must be a problem to solve.

My equipment is Macbook 15 – 2015 – MacOS Big Sur.

Add: I also encounter -from time to time- a black screen on the right (as described in another topic) which I use to make disappear when pressing “CMD”+”TAB” twice then coming back to Tapforms but in the correct display.

Thanks in advance,

June 29, 2022 at 2:59 PM #47566

PICOT Jean-Bernard
    Participant

The question should not be in this part of the forum. Sorry. Maybe this can be transferred to the right forum ?
    But the problem still exists.

In addition, I have to add that this phenomenon appears in the single column view after having done a search in the upper right of the screen (selecting around 10 to 30 items displayed in the single column).
    When you choose one item, you see on the right, the display of the item below, but strangely, if you look at some items on the top of the list, they are correct in display on the right. Coming back to the bottom, the display continues to be wrong.
    When moving to multi-column view and coming back to the single view, it happens to be OK (till a further problem arises after another search probably).

June 30, 2022 at 12:14 AM #47567

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Picot,

I have not seen this issue before. Would you be able to email me a backup of your document so I can inspect it?

Try changing the First Sort Field to something else and then change it back.

Does that solve the problem?

August 2, 2022 at 3:07 AM #47697

PICOT Jean-Bernard
    Participant

I have been away for some time, so could not follow up.
    Problem re-started today, so I came here to see any reply.
    As I made another search just after the problem, and it came back to normal, I could not make your test. Will do at next occasion.
    It appears to come completely randomly (I just checked my memory usage on the Mac, I was at 10 Go, for a total available of 16 Go, TapForms using 1.10 Go at present).
    Strange.
    I never have that situation in multi-column view (which I use for most files).
    Will keep you posted.

September 20, 2022 at 3:11 AM #47983

PICOT Jean-Bernard
    Participant

Follow-up: this happened to me again, on another computer with another file.
    When I saw the problem (single column view : clicking on the left side to an item, giving on the right side the content of an item above or under the one selected), I clicked on the “circled arrow” on the bottom which updates the whole database: all came back to normal.
    It seems the situation occurs when you modify the database without clicking regularly on the arrow (so, when you make too many modifications of the database).

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.