Since running IBM Cloudant

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Greg Spink
    Participant

Since running IBM Cloudant I have not been able to duplicate files. Function is still there but when used nothing happens. Is this due to the sync system? Or am I missing something?

May 19, 2023 at 8:27 AM #49447

Brendan
    Keymaster

You can only duplicate a document that is not opened. So close the document first, then use the Duplicate Document command.

May 19, 2023 at 12:00 PM #49449

Greg Spink
    Participant

I don’t understand.

Previously I would open the record. On the side column where the records are I select the record I want to duplicate and then duplicate it.

How do you duplicate a record you have not selected? Or on? How do you tell the system what you want to duplicate? Also from what I can see your alway on a record if you have the form open.

I’m clearly missing something and its not work where before it used to and its stopped since the IBM Cloudant server was setup.

Can you explain better the process to select and duplicate a record? and should it work while on a cloudant server?

Or could there be a setting on the sever preventing duplication.

May 20, 2023 at 3:27 AM #49451

Greg Spink
    Participant

Sorry let me correct a sentence

I’m clearly missing something as this used to work but since the IBM Cloudant server setup its now not.

I will add that the system is actually working very well. Sync is very good and simple. The general data based I have created using this software is good. Although it does require some tweaking. The duplication issues is only small, and just means that I have to manually enter in a formulation for each batch I create in the lab. The data base is only for lab use its not being used for our MRP processes.

May 20, 2023 at 7:36 AM #49452

Greg Spink
    Participant

I think I have worked out whats gone wrong. Not sure if this has always been the way or that I have set something up differently.

The short answer is that the system is creating a duplicate record. But to see the duplicate record I need to drop out to the orginal form and then select the record to link to the form.

Is there a way where the duplicate form instantly links to the form its duplicated in?

May 21, 2023 at 9:01 AM #49453

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Greg,

I’m so sorry for my misunderstanding. Your original question said:

Since running IBM Cloudant I have not been able to duplicate files

I wrongly interpreted files as meaning documents, since a document is the file on disk. And you meant record, which you clarified in your response.

I think what you may be doing is navigating into a Link to Form field to display the list of linked records and then duplicating the record from there? Is that right? If so, then no, Tap Forms won’t automatically link the duplicated record to the parent form. But that’s probably something I should work on adding.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 22, 2023 at 3:00 AM #49456

Greg Spink
    Participant

Yes thats it. If that does come in to an update in the future that would be great.

My inexpeernances still gets the names of Fields, Records and forms muddled up. Shouldn’t really, But I do. But Im starting to force my think that way. It is a testament to the software that some in experienced can build a good and useful data base with very little knowledge.

Anyway thanks as always Brendan for your reply.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.