Since Mavericks NO sync

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Eduardo
    Participant

before the update to Mavericks everything worked fine (on both Mac and iPad) now it seems impossible to sync between this devices. I’ve tried everything from restarting TapForms, restarting iPad, switching sync off and on again … and so on.

On the Mac TapForms shows me, when i click on the cloud-symbol:
    iPad 23.10.2013 (version 3.5.3)
    Mac 1.11.2013 (1.5)

on the iPad TF says:
    iPad 1.11.2013 (3.5.4)
    Mac 23.10.2013 (1.5)

how can this be possible? How can i get iCloud sync to work again?

November 1, 2013 at 3:41 AM #7250

Brendan
    Keymaster

Since you have different version numbers and dates it sounds like the Documents & Data service is not syncing for you.

Can you verify if you have any iCloud sync issues with any of Apple’s iWork apps? For example if you have Pages, Keynote, or Numbers. Do they sync properly?

Generally a full power-off (slide to power off) on your iOS devices and a reboot of the Mac clears this issue up.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 1, 2013 at 6:20 AM #7255

Eduardo
    Participant

I’ve tried, now for hours, severals restarts of the Mac and the iPad. I’ve even removed TF completely from the iPad, removed all data from iCloud. Now the Mac shows the right dates and version numbers but the iPad only shows the iPad as registered, the Mac has now disappeared completely. On the iPad i only have one! entry now, everything else is gone. It’s the last entry i’ve made on the Mac.

Can’t check iWork sync, because i only have the Mac versions. But everything else like calendar, contacts and so on do work like expected.

November 2, 2013 at 1:55 AM #7274

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Eduardo,

Calendar, Contacts, and other Apple products use a different sync technology than iWork and Tap Forms. Do you have other apps which use Documents & Data?

When you restarted the iPad, did you do a full “slide to power off”? Or did you just press the Home button or turn your iPad off with the power switch?

Thanks,

Brendan

November 2, 2013 at 6:38 AM #7289

Eduardo
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

1.) if i look in System Prefs -> iCloud -> Documents & Data there are just TapForms and Preview
    2.) yes, i did a complete restart

November 2, 2013 at 10:32 PM #7311

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Eduardo,

Can you see if you’re able to login to http://developer.icloud.com and see if you see any folders there with com~clickspace~tapforms in the name? If so, click on it and take a look in the SyncDocuments folder there to see if you can see any of the TFSyncDevice files. Also look at the dates to see if they match your iPad and Mac. Take into consideration there may be time zone differences in the dates. But the minutes and seconds should be the same at least.

You might be able to tell from that which device isn’t sending its changes up to iCloud. If the dates are the same on your iPad, but not on your Mac, then maybe the Mac isn’t downloading from iCloud anymore. Or vice versa.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 3, 2013 at 6:09 AM #7325

Eduardo
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

in the SyncDocuments folder are 5 (! – shouldn’t it be 4?) files. They all match the dates on Mac and iPad, but the largest. Mac and iPad now shows both devices with the same dates. Only the iPad has only two entries in the forms, just the forms where i make changes. But the whole database is missing.

I show you what I mean:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    November 3, 2013 at 5:45 PM #7354

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Eduardo,

Have you tried tapping on Reset iCloud Sync on your iPad and then re-enabling iCloud Sync on each device and then clicking on the Sync Now button on your Mac? Don’t click on the Sync button on your iPad. Just let the Mac upload its data to iCloud and then your iPad should auto-sync.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 4, 2013 at 2:31 AM #7359

Eduardo
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

success – thank you for your help. That was really hard. After waiting a couple of minutes the auto-sync on the iPad started.

Thanks again for your time
    Eduardo

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.