Simple script add content field form form A to form B

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Script Talk Simple script add content field form form A to form B

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

John Duijker
    Participant

I use 2 forms: one containing name and personal info (like date of birth) named <CONTENDERS> and a second one form containing info about personal measurements (name, length, weight, testscores, etc) named <MEASUREMENTS>.

I want to add birthdate in form <Measurements> automatically from the form <contenders> using a script. But I have no experience in building a script.
    Can someone help me out, start me up

Thanks,

August 15, 2020 at 4:01 PM #41680

T.L. Ford
    Participant

Are the two forms linked? It almost sounds like birthdate only belongs in the contenders form, however, the thing you asked for would use a script field on your measurements form that finds the correct record on the contenders form and updates the field. Code to do that depends on if you have the two forms linked or not.

Did you see my scripting tutorial? Good intro level if you aren’t already a programmer, although it doesn’t answer this precise question. http://www.cattail.nu/tap_forms/tap_forms_scripting_101/index.html

Give us a little more information on how you have your forms set up so we can help.

August 15, 2020 at 5:11 PM #41682

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Do you record multiple measurements for a contender or a single measurement record that is updated over time? If you’re not making multiple measurements for a single contender, I’d have a single form and use sections to group fields together which would side step the need for the script field.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.