Show Layout Rulers Control and Menu Get Out of Sync

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Show Layout Rulers Control and Menu Get Out of Sync

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Mike Schwartz
    Participant

For a custom layout there is a toolbar control to toggle visibility of Layout Rulers, and there is also a Layout\Show Ruler menu item. After first starting up TF5, these two control methods are in sync with each other: If I’m viewing a custom layout and click on the toolbar control, then the it highlights blue, the ruler appears, and the menu item becomes checked. And then if I go uncheck the menu item, the ruler hides and the toolbar control dims. All in sync, all good.

But if I switch to Layout mode and toggle the ruler visibility, then the two control methods get out-of-sync with each other, and it carries over when I exit Layout mode back into normal view/edit mode. The toolbar control and menu item will be in opposite states, and actual visibility of the ruler might agree with either the toolbar or the menu.

While fiddling around with this, I also noticed that the layout dimensions would sometimes change spontaneously. The Design for Printer layout would sometimes mysteriously change from US Letter to A4. Perhaps it’s not related, but please take a look at that, too.

Thanks,
    Mike

February 17, 2017 at 5:51 PM #21177

Brendan
    Keymaster

Thanks for the bug report Mike. I’ll investigate and fix.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.