Sharing sync data between two iCloud accounts

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Sharing sync data between two iCloud accounts

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, firstly, wonderful app! Just created an extensive garden plant tracing database, working wonderfully across my ipad / iphone / mac (using my iCloud account)

Just one question though – my girlfriend also has a mac, with her own iCloud account (with Family Sharing enabled between the two of us). I have not yet, however, found a way where she can ‘connect’ her Tap Forms app on her mac to my iCloud account and sync the data.

Is this possible to implement either in your app, or is there some other way to achieve this (transparently)? I tried using Dropbox, but there you can’t (as far as I am aware) share the Apps folder..

I tried using a ‘common’ dropbox account, but we also have our own dropboxes, so that’s neither going to work (of course we could relinquish our individual ‘boxes and use the common ‘box instead, but it would be nice to keep all the TapForm data in iCloud)

I will share my Garden Plant Tracker, once I’ve finished it too.

Thanks so much!
    Chris

August 15, 2015 at 3:14 AM #14434

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately the only way it will work is to use the same iCloud or Dropbox account on each device. That’s how each device gets access to the same data. Family Sharing is just for sharing apps, music, and books. I don’t think it allows sharing of iCloud Drive files.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.