Sharing private tasks

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Greg Spink
    Participant

I have just got tap forms setup using IBM Cloudant. This is working very well and very pleased with it. Only two of us are using it currently for product formulations and keeping track on ingredients we keep in our lab.

I have setup a Form for Projects and within that we keep track of tasks which gets shared out between me an the other Lab guy.

However I would like to Include our general manager in projects and task and there maybe some tasks we setup that require more sensitivity and security. With how the system is setup all data is open to anyone who has access to the data base. Is it possible to create private task that are hidden from other staff and only accessible by those intended for these tasks?

Is it possible to have some sections of the data base hidden on one terminal and not on other terminals?

And if tasks are only delivered by Apple Calendar or reminders. Would this keep these private? Also if this would work is it possible to show the task is complete on tap forms once ticked off on apples reminders?

March 19, 2023 at 1:59 PM #49170

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Greg,

If you want to keep some things private, you could setup a separate document and sync that with only the people you want to be able to see that.

There is an Access Controls function in Tap Forms 5, but it won’t prevent anyone from seeing the data. It will only prevent someone from making changes to a form and records, but won’t prevent them from reading the records.

March 20, 2023 at 5:37 AM #49173

Greg Spink
    Participant

OK thank you Brendan.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.