Sharing Forms

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Brendan,

Beam record function seemed to beam only one record(with structure) each time, but could not beam the specific Form (data with form structure). Also, Beam record function could not beam Photo type field (empty photo). Are there any ways to share “some” Tap Forms with friends easily? I suppose it would be cool if people could share their photo albums using Tap Forms with their friends.

By the way, while performing export or email records function, CSV files could not display Chinese language correctly.

February 3, 2011 at 7:36 AM #4384

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Arturo,

The beam record does only beam a single record (with structure). When you say “data with form structure”, do you mean all the records within a form? If so, then ya, Tap Forms doesn’t do that. It could potentially be a lot of data and would take quite a bit of time, not to mention the memory requirements to do that with the beaming code. It also doesn’t beam the photos for the same reason.

My next update will allow you to receive an email attachment and import that right from Mail.

To get your CSV files to work properly in Chinese, try changing the Export Encoding to UTF-16.

Thanks!

Brendan

February 3, 2011 at 11:50 AM #4385

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for your quick response.

I can understand that beaming all the records within a form takes much time and got memory problems. My suggestion is to enhance “backup and restore” function which can backup a spesific form or some forms, and later we can restore or share it using itune or FTP server?

Thanks again.

February 3, 2011 at 6:03 PM #4386

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Arturo,

You could always email the CSV file export of all your records. In the next update you’ll be able to open a CSV file attachment from Mail using Tap Forms and it will take you directly to the form import screen. However, photos won’t come along with it.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 4, 2011 at 12:36 PM #4387

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Brendan,

Understood.

I’m afraid exporting CSV files still doesn’t work properly in Chinese using Encoding to UTF-16. Pls help. Thanks.

By the way, I’ve given up Bento and FileMakerGo finally, since I’ve successfully create a multi-media TAP FORM which can manage MP3 and MP4 easily. But I’m still looking forward to the next update of Tap Forms adding the features of Many to Many relationship(can define the primary and foreign key) and Desktop sync.

February 4, 2011 at 5:51 PM #4389

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Arturo,

I never said you can define the primary and foreign keys. That’s all handled internally. You only need to pick the form you want to link to and what type of link you want (one-to-many or many-to-many).

What happens when you try using UTF-16 encoding for export? Could you try UTF-8 instead?

Thanks!

Brendan

February 16, 2011 at 8:47 AM #4421

jfhermans
    Participant

About one-to-many or many-to-many relationship, as you wrote it is internally handled, but is it possible to import data with relationship ?

Thanks

JF

February 16, 2011 at 8:48 AM #4422

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello JF,

No, it’s not possible at the moment. I have to think about an easy to use strategy for implementing that still.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.