Sharing DB between partners

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Trish Meyer
    Participant

My husband (and business partner) have a shared database for business contacts, passwords, credit card info, etc. This DB was in Filemaker, on a server, but I’m tired of paying their upgrade fees for what is essentially a pretty simple DB of 500 items. So I’m switching to TapForms (it took a while to figure out how to export/import but it’s working now).

I have two computers (Mac & laptop), and he has three, so we have five computers total. I’ve tested TapForms for the past couple of weeks and it seems to sync well in Nearby mode for three computers.

I’m fine buying a second license to cover five computers, but it says in the Preferences > Sync > Nearby screen that the DB will only sync if the license is the “same number.”

Is it possible to upgrade our license so it will work on 5 computers? If not, what are my options? Thanks.

(We have iPads for travel, and I gather that is a separate app, but I can use them in Read Only mode if necessary and not worry about syncing.)

March 24, 2019 at 10:56 AM #34093

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Trish,

The note is specifically referring to the database “db-” value (which is actually the Document ID), not the license key you use to activate Tap Forms. So the license keys can be different, as long as you’re syncing the same document on all your devices. You use the Send Document function to send a copy of the document to your other devices.

Yes, the iOS version (for iPad and iPhone) is separately purchased from the iOS App Store.

Thanks!

Brendan

March 24, 2019 at 2:47 PM #34095

Trish Meyer
    Participant

That’s great, I misunderstood that note! Will buy him a copy and set this up next week when we’re back from our travels.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.