Sharing databases with ‘hidden’ forms?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Sharing databases with ‘hidden’ forms?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hans
    Participant

Hope someone here can help me with a use case.

I want to share a database with other TapForm users, but don’t want them to be able to read particular records and/or forms.

1) Two different databases and only share one of them. But then I must be possible to make relations to match the users (its a client database) with the other database

2) One database but kind of make some forms and/or fields hidden for users

Someone having experience with this?

July 30, 2020 at 12:26 PM #41571

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Hans,

1. Each database document is an island on its own. It’s not possible to establish relationships between different database documents. You can only establish relationships between forms within the same database document. But the best way to share with someone else where you don’t want them to have access to some forms is to put the forms you want them to have access to into a separate database document. But then you can’t make relationships to it from another database.

2. In the Mac version there is a User Access Control system, but it’s not for hiding forms. It’s for preventing someone to have create, update, delete, or customize access to forms. But there’s no provision to prevent someone from reading the records in a form.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.