Sharing database

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

mackle
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    I love your app, and it is working extremely well for my present needs- storing info regarding my partime staff at my farm in Ireland.
    Now we have a new farm in UK and my son is running it, He now needs to see my staff database and to input his partime staff details into my tap forms data base.
    Please advise on how we can do this – we both work on IPad
    I would like also to access my tap forms on my iPhone.
    Please explain how to do this.

May 9, 2016 at 1:15 PM #16584

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Mackle,

I love Ireland! I’m half Irish myself and have family there :)

My wife and I visited a couple years ago. Beautiful country. Especially loved Killarney.

Anyway, you will have to share via a shared Dropbox account. Typically it’s meant to be used for syncing between your own devices, but can be used with other users as long as you’re all on the same shared Dropbox account.

You’ll need to setup a shared Dropbox account, then both select Dropbox as the Sync Service in the Sync Settings screen in the Tools area, then tap on the Enable Sync switch on both devices. Once both devices are visible in the list of Registered Devices, only then should you press the upload to cloud button on your own device. Wait for your son’s device to auto-sync that data. So you’ll have to coordinate with him.

Also, sync is all or nothing. That is, all forms will be synced, so you can’t separate personal from shared stuff. However, the next upgrade I’m working on will allow that.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.