Sharing database data

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Will McCourt
    Participant

Hi All,

This app looks promising! I do have a few quick questions. I plan on creating a form/db to log sales quotes. I plan on sharing this with a coworker. Is there a way to have his entered data and my data dump to a single file in a shared drop box folder? The reason why we want to do this is so we can use the data to create a business dashboard. Also, is there a way to have the data continuously transferred without manually exporting the file (so the dashboard we create updates in almost real time)?

Thank you so much!

December 4, 2013 at 10:22 PM #8081

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Will,

Tap Forms was designed as a single-user database system. You can use iCloud to sync between devices, but iCloud doesn’t allow you to have different user accounts syncing to each other.

The only way to share your data is to manually export your data and manually import it into your co-worker’s copy of Tap Forms.

Thanks!

Brendan

December 5, 2013 at 5:17 AM #8090

Will McCourt
    Participant

I understand, thank you for the response! Is there a way we can automatically have TF export a csv file to drop box? Let’s say I wanted a script to do this every 4 hrs. Is this possible?

December 5, 2013 at 1:27 PM #8094

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Will,

Tap Forms Mac has not been integrated with AppleScript. You could theoretically query the database file directly. It’s just an SQLite file. But that would require some knowledge of SQL.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.