Sharing a single record of a form?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Jessica Dail
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m interested in ham radio, and am currently in the process of studying for my technician license.
    I’m using Tap forms to track the names and call signs of friends, and people I meet, so that once I pass my exam, and am ready to get on the air, I’ll have a list of people to communicate with.

I also have a friend who is interested in getting his license.

My question is “If I’m with my friend, and he wants a single record from the form I made, can I share it with him?”
    If so, how?

If its not currently possible, how difficult would it be to add it?

I’ll also say that I have another form for equipment.
    I love tap forms, and honestly can’t see myself using anything else anytime soon.
    This is a great app, by a great, responsive developer, who truly cares about accessibility, because tap forms is 100% accessible with voiceOver! :)

August 20, 2021 at 10:34 PM #45020

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

On iOS there is a “Beam Record” function to be able to send a record to a nearby iOS device also running Tap Forms. I tried to find some better docs for it but only found some resources on the forum answering questions. I think that’s roughly what you’re after?

August 26, 2021 at 2:50 PM #45097

Brendan
    Keymaster

Another option is to use the Share function on the record details screen. When used from there, Tap Forms will generate a .tfarc file that has only the current record in it. You can then use AirDrop or other sharing methods to send it to another device.

Beam Records uses an older technology which I will be retiring at some point.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.