Share blank form templates with others?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

misterchimps
    Participant

Is there a way to do this? I have made a few neat forms that I would like to share with others – I can export and import the data, but not the form with all the settings such as sorting and grouping.

November 2, 2009 at 5:02 AM #3821

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi,

The CSV format only will re-create the types of the form fields. I would have to provide an XML structure for sharing all aspects of a form’s configuration. I’ll think about that, but there’s no guarantees I’ll be able to get to that anytime soon. Another option I was considering is to share a form using ad-hoc networking.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 2, 2009 at 7:33 AM #3823

misterchimps
    Participant

Thanks for your quick reply, Brendan. Networking would work for me, since I only want to share within our household. Of course, if it were exportable, then maybe us users would upload our favorite templates to share with the forum!

March 4, 2010 at 3:04 PM #3974

tailorrmade
    Participant

I am interested in this as well. Other handheld database programs have user created templates and I wondered if the same thing would be possible here. So far, this is an awesome product!

March 5, 2010 at 5:55 AM #3975

Brendan
    Keymaster

The latest version of Tap Forms has Bluetooth and Wifi sharing of forms. You only need to be either on the same network, or within 30 feet or so of each other and you can share forms and records.

Thanks!

Brendan

August 10, 2010 at 12:57 AM #4159

jims123
    Participant

Brendan

I’m using the 1.9.9 version (I think) and tried to share some forms with and without the data record. The form and data transferred but not the pick list associated with the form. Is there a way to share a new form template with someone and Transfer the pick lists along with it too? We were using the Beam form Bluetooth option.

August 10, 2010 at 1:09 AM #4160

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Jim,

No, I’m sorry, I haven’t implemented beaming of pick lists. However, you can easily get a pick list over to the other device by emailing the pick list values to the device. You’ll have to retype the pick list values in the email (one per line). Then on the device that receives the email, copy the pick list values to the clipboard, create a new pick list in Tap Forms, then on the “Add values..” screen for the pick list, double-tap to bring up the paste menu. Then tap paste. Your pick list values will appear there. Then you can click save to save all the pick list values.

Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 10, 2010 at 1:25 AM #4161

jims123
    Participant

Brendan

I’ll give it a try..Sounds a bit unwieldy creating a list of say 10 lines in a clipboard 1st but if I can do this it will save a lot of time

Thanks a lot it will help since the lists are pretty small And the double-tap phase sounds like a snap

Regarsd

JimS

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.