Several Questions: Dropbox, iPad, List View Fields

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Several Questions: Dropbox, iPad, List View Fields

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Collin Burton
    Participant

I’ve had the iPod version of TapForms for ages, and I just recently reinstalled it. Last night I purchased the iPad version and I’m considering buying it for the Mac as well; but I’m running into problems.

Do the iOS versions synch with dropbox? If so, how? I don’t see it as an obvious option. Ideally, I want to be able to share the database that I’m making between my devices and my wife’s phone. She’s using her own iTunes account, so – unless there’s some way I’m unaware of – we can’t share the database through iCloud.

On the iPad, I want to be able to show all Fields in the List for the form I’ve set up. I saw somewhere in the forum that in order to do this I need to change the “List View Fields” setting to 0. I’m not seeing a 0. I see 1 through 5. Has this option been removed?

This last thing might not even be possible. What I was hoping for was the ability to set a due date, and then easily set a reminder for anywhere between a day to a week prior to the due date. As it is now, I’m having to use one calendar field for the due date, and then manually set the reminder date using the Date and Time field. Since the due dates are anywhere from a month to a couple years out, it’s slowing down my process. Is there a better way to do this?

November 3, 2014 at 10:01 PM #11585

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Collin,

Dropbox is used for file exchange only. iCloud is used for syncing. So sharing the database with a different iCloud account isn’t going to work.

No, there was never a 0 option for List View fields. You may be getting confused with the # Lines Summary option on a Note field type which when set to 0 will show all the contents of a Note field. Setting List View Fields up to 5 will show you a maximum of 5 fields unless the first field is a Checkmark or a Photo field, in which case you’ll get 6 fields (including the checkmark or photo field).

The alert function will only fire an alert at the moment the date/time arrives. It won’t do it in advance (or after).

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.