Setting the Position on the location map

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Gregory martin
    Participant

Is it possible on the iMac of TapForms to click the map to set the location? It doesn’t seem to work for me. The reason: One of my databases is for birdwatching and so doesn’t come with an address as such so need to be able to move the location pin, it click the position?

Thanks
    Greg

———————
    Just a note though. The software really is just brilliant!!! My only annoyance moving from Windows to an iMac was finding a decent alternative to MS Access and TapForms for iMac is perfect! (mind you if TapForms 6 comes with some SQL ability I would not be complaining ha ha).

January 14, 2021 at 4:38 PM #43180

Gregory martin
    Participant

Ignore. I work this out. Seems double clicking on the pin and then click and hold will allow moving the pin to another location.

January 14, 2021 at 10:05 PM #43181

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Gregory,

Or you can just drag it without having to double-click on it first.

Thanks!

Brendan

January 15, 2021 at 2:31 PM #43190

Gregory martin
    Participant

Thanks Brendan

I am guessing it is just my own system doing this. But if I just click on it to drag it, then the whole map moves. It was not the double clicking though. It is the precision. As long as the mouse in virtual dead centre in the circle then it’s no problem. Though I guess this is an Apple Map (or my iMac!) thing and nothing to do with TapForms. Anyway, it works well so no complaints here!

January 16, 2021 at 11:05 AM #43193

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

I can reproduce something like this on Mojave where sometimes when I click on the red dot, the drag pans the map view instead of moving the pin. I tried on my Big Sur Mac and it was a lot harder to reproduce but I did manage it a couple of times.

If I click on the map, the popover for the address disappears. If I click on the pin to drag it, the address popover appears. If I try to drag the pin with the popover disappeared, it drags the map for me. There is also a hit box issue where if I’m just off the pin it does a drag on the map so maybe a slightly larger transparent layer around it to mitigate that.

If the popover is visible and then dragging works properly otherwise sometimes it registers as a click on the pin or a drag on the map

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.