Set password just on iPhone or iPad?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Carolyn
    Participant

Hello
    If I set a password on my iPhone in tapforms settings, is that just for my iPhone or does it become global to my other devices?

November 21, 2017 at 4:35 PM #26047

Brendan
    Keymaster

It’s just for that one document on that one device. Unless you encrypt a document and then send that document to your other devices. Then it would be for all devices. However, you can then decrypt that document on just that one device if you like. It won’t affect the encryption of a document on another device.

November 21, 2017 at 4:41 PM #26049

Carolyn
    Participant

Perfect, thank you Brendan!

November 21, 2017 at 5:13 PM #26051

Carolyn
    Participant

OK. I must not be doing something right because it’s not asking for a password when I open up the app on my iPad or my iPhone.
    I went to Tools, Security Settings, Password. It’s set to immediately (it won’t let me change that on either, I can click on 1 minute but it won’t hold, iPhone is at 1 minute and it won’t change either).

I’ve closed Tapforms and then swiped it so it’s really closed. Also tried rebooting iPad.
    When I open my database there isn’t a request for password. Am I missing something? I’m using the latest OS and Tapforms update.

Thanks!

November 21, 2017 at 9:23 PM #26053

Brendan
    Keymaster

Is your document encrypted? You won’t be asked for the password unless the document is encrypted.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.