Service Report

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Detlev Bonkamp
    Participant

Hi,

I try to create a service-report on tapforms.
    Therefore I create an “address”-form with the fields company, city and street for example.

Now I want to create a form, which is able to open a list of my existing entries in the address table to pick one, (and only one entry) for copy it into my report form.

So I can be sure, if I delete the address in my address-table (DSGVO) the address in the report wouldn’t be deleted to.

I tried the “link to form” function, but that gives me only a link, not a copy, and I’m not able to reduce the selection to only one entry in my report form.

How can I solve this.

Any help will be welcome.

Greetings Detlev.

November 13, 2020 at 8:20 PM #42577

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

I think the link to form field is probably the way to do part of it but you also want to intentionally duplicate data which is where I’d leverage a script.

For your link to form, create it in the “address” form and link back to your “service report” form. If you create a 1:M, in the “service report” form it’ll give you the option to select only a single address. Downside as you’ve noted is that it’s a link and if you delete it, it’s gone. Additionally if you update it, the historic nature of the service address is gone (if you could avoid updating that’d be the best option but that is it’s own data modelling problem).

The next step would be to create a script that looks at the link to form field and copies the data out from it. There are a couple of hints on how to do it and you can do it either as a form script (explicit copy) or a field script might work (implicit copy). There are some trade offs each way though a form script is a little easier to get started with I feel.

November 14, 2020 at 10:27 AM #42582

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

I turned this into a video on using a link to form to create the link and scripts (both form and field) to copy the values.

November 16, 2020 at 10:50 PM #42631

Detlev Bonkamp
    Participant

Hello Sam,
    thank you for your details information. Next weekend, it think, there will be enough time for me to create the forms an scripts like you showed it.

Greeting Detlev.

By the way, you pronounced my name in your video absolut correctly :-)

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.