Serious problems with iCloud syncing!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Teresa Solomita
    Participant

I have a MAC OS and IPAD versions of tap forms, both up to date. I gave up syncing long ago because it took too long, but I decided to try again. So I had it working once and now my ipad has no records. I have been using it mostly on my MAC, but since my business changed, I really need to use it on my ipad.

I followed the advice to set an encryption code on both devices. At this point, both devices were registered on each version of tapforms. I first performed a sync on my mac, then attempted to sync on my ipad. The sync failed and i received a message instructing me to:

1. set encryption code
    2. reset sync on both devices
    3. try syncing again.

After this, my mac version registers only my mac, my ipad versions registers only my ipad. I thankfully still have my data on my MAC version, but my Ipad version has no information! Help please!!!

December 18, 2015 at 8:36 PM #15497

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Teresa,

Just to chime in here on this post for others to see, the issue so far that I can see is Teresa has iOS 9.2 on her iOS device and OS X 10.9.5 on her Mac. Since iCloud Drive is not available on OS X 10.9.5, that is why iCloud Sync is not working with her iOS 9.2 device, which does use iCloud Drive. Whenever a device has iCloud Drive activated for the very first time, Apple migrates all the files from the old “Documents & Data” (aka Documents in the Cloud) service to the new iCloud Drive service. This is done on an Apple ID basis and not just for one specific device. So your whole account gets updated. Apple also freezes syncing of the older files within the old Documents & Data service. So this is why you can’t sync old and new OS versions with iCloud.

This is one of the reasons I added the Dropbox sync service, so that you could sync old and new.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.