Sending To Another Device TF 5

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Jim Thurnau
    Participant

I just installed TF 5 on both my iMac and iPad and successfully migrated all of the data from 3.5.2 on my iMac. I am unable to send the migrated document from my iMac to my iPad. The iPad doesn’t appear in the Air Drop share window.

December 30, 2017 at 1:08 AM #26812

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,

Make sure you have your iPad set to receive AirDrop connections from either Contacts or from Everyone.

You can set that up on the Settings app under General > AirDrop.

December 30, 2017 at 8:32 AM #26817

Jim Thurnau
    Participant

Hey Brendan,

I appreciate your quick reply. Sorry I forgot to tell you I did have the iPad set to receive from Contacts.I just discovered in the Sending Tips section that my late 2009 iMac can’t do Air Drop. I’m running High Sierra OS X 10.13.2. So, do I have any other options to get my current data to Tap Forms 5 on my iPad.

December 30, 2017 at 12:46 PM #26819

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ah ok. I didn’t realize it wouldn’t work on older Macs. Sorry about that.

You can certainly use iTunes File Sharing instead.

Just fire up iTunes, plug your iPad in, click on it. Then click on the File Sharing area there on the left.

Then find Tap Forms in the list of apps and click on it.

On the right you’ll see Tap Forms Documents.

Drag your .tapforms document from the Finder into that area and it will be copied to Tap Forms.

Refresh the screen in Tap Forms on your iPad by either re-launching it, or navigate into a folder and then back so Tap Forms refreshes the files list. Your document will appear there.

January 3, 2018 at 9:22 PM #26846

Jim Thurnau
    Participant

Hey Brendan,

Problem solved. Thanks for your help. Great app.

Jim

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.