sending and syncing

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

John Harris
    Participant

I’m attempting to set up syncing between two mac machines.

Documentation assumes syncing is between OS and IOS but that’s not the issue.

My ‘send document button’ is greyed out (I am running version 10.11.6). Can you advize as to why I can’t send a document?.

Have done everything required to set up sync (i think) – opened an account on Cloudant, have two identical databases on both macs. When I click on ‘sync now’ i get the attached dialog.n – Database does not exist. Do I need to set up a database – and how should this be configured?

John

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    September 17, 2016 at 3:08 PM #19579

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Send Document will be greyed out if you have the document you’re trying to send currently open. Close it first and then you can click on that button.

Make sure you haven’t entered anything into the “Shared by user” field on the Cloud sync screen. That can cause the error you’re seeing.

September 17, 2016 at 3:10 PM #19580

Brendan
    Keymaster

Oh, and when the username and password is correct, Tap Forms will automatically create the database in Cloudant for you. When you login to your Cloudant account, you’ll see it listed there in the Cloudant Dashboard. The database is created in Cloudant when you click the Sign-in button in Tap Forms.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.