Send Document not working

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Joanna
    Participant

Setting up version 5. Installed on MacBook, 10.12.6, looks great. Installed on iPad2, iOs 9.3.5. Followed directions to “send document”, I can see the iPad in the nearby devices window, I select it, I accept it on the iPad, and nothing happens, no sending, no receiving. Tried several times. It worked perfectly on my iPod (iOs 10).
    What to do?
    Thank you!

September 23, 2017 at 12:34 AM #24777

Brendan
    Keymaster

The Send Document function doesn’t work between an old an a new OS version. So you have Sierra (new) on your MacBook and iOS 9 on your iPad (old).

You’ll need to use iTunes File Sharing to copy the document from your Mac to your iPad or vice versa.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 23, 2017 at 9:02 AM #24787

Joanna
    Participant

Thank you, got it working. Nearby sync works great! The new version looks nice although I haven’t worked with it yet.

September 23, 2017 at 1:43 PM #24791

Alexander Wolff
    Participant

As far as i am concerned, it doesn´t work with iOS 11 on iPad Pro 9,7 and iPhone 5s with iOS 11 either.
    Will there be a fix soon?

Regards,

A. Wolff

September 23, 2017 at 2:45 PM #24792

Joanna
    Participant

Alexander: The itunes file sharing worked fine although it was a bit fussy, but it’s a one-time operation; after that syncing takes over.
    Off topic update: One of the best changes in v. 5, is no annoying wait/beachball when changing forms. Hurray!
    Suggestion: I’d still like a keyboard shortcut for adding today’s date to a form.
    Thanks for a great program!

September 23, 2017 at 6:29 PM #24799

Brendan
    Keymaster

I just released Tap Forms 5.2 for iOS 11 and Mac.

Now I’ll be upgrading to High Sierra to make sure Tap Forms 5.2 works properly on that. I’ve done some basic testing with it and didn’t find anything unusual, so it should be pretty good to go. But if there’s any issues I’ll release a new update for High Sierra too.

September 24, 2017 at 5:07 PM #24833

Alexander Wolff
    Participant

Thanks Brendan,

after the update everythings okay!

Kind regards,

A. Wolff

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.