Section heading and all fields under missing after sync

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Section heading and all fields under missing after sync

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Kevin Althans
    Participant

I’m using an iCloud-synced database with a few dozen records in it between my iPad and Laptop. After a recent session when I opened up the laptop and sync’d an entire Section Heading (and all fields under it) had disappeared from the form display. The fields are still in the field list when I edit the form, but they’re not displayed. The section heading is completely gone from the laptop.

The Section Heading and fields under it are still present on the iPad, however. I can create new layouts on my laptop and add the missing fields, but they won’t show up in the “Default” layout. If I could duplicate the default I could edit it?

No idea why this is happening.

Also, any pictures that I add to a form entry on iPad are not sync’ing to my laptop. The images are present on both devices in the photo library that has synced over iCloud, but they never show up in TapForms.

Help?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Kevin Althans.
    April 11, 2022 at 10:48 PM #47082

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

Try editing the Section Heading field on the iPad. A small change to it such as renaming it or changing its colour should cause it to re-sync back to the Mac and appear again.

As for the photos, I’m wondering if maybe Tap Forms didn’t have enough time to sync them across. If you remove and re-add the photo and give it some time to sync, does it appear then later on the Mac?

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.