Searching All forms

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Roger Neilson
    Participant

I have just discovered this aspect of the software, so instead of just searching one database set it will search them all. Very nice, but I don’t want to search them all, just some of them, is it possible to select which ones to search?

January 8, 2016 at 6:03 PM #15607

Leo
    Participant

just go to the form and perform a search from there… top field

January 8, 2016 at 11:15 PM #15612

Roger Neilson
    Participant

No that’s not what I mean. I have say 10 Databases, organised in sub groupings – and I want to have 4 of them searched but no the other 6…..

January 9, 2016 at 2:41 AM #15613

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Roger,

You can’t do that. It’s either one form or all forms.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 9, 2016 at 2:53 AM #15614

Roger Neilson
    Participant

Would be nice if this could be a future feature, perhaps based on which category of databases?

Roger

January 9, 2016 at 5:57 PM #15615

Brendan
    Keymaster

Searching by category is a good idea. Thanks!

January 20, 2016 at 7:41 AM #15705

Jack Gustafson
    Participant

Sorry to jump in to this post, but figured it was better than starting a new thread as it applies to this one.

When I perform a search, it only shows results from the form/database I am presently in, how do I search and show results from all forms/databases?

I am only 5 days in with using Tap Forms (awesome tool!), and currently only have one ‘category’ of forms, but that will change as I have a long list of forms to create, but I can definitely see a need to only search forms in a specific category.

Thanks for any assistance!

Jack

January 20, 2016 at 1:28 PM #15713

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jack,

Click on the “All Forms” button after you’ve done a search within a specific form. That’ll do it. On the iOS version there’s a separate tab called Search which does the same thing. But on Mac, the All Forms button doesn’t show up until you’ve initiated a search. And it doesn’t work for Saved Searches. It can only work for basic searches when using the Search field at the top-right of the window.

Thanks!

Brendan

January 20, 2016 at 6:29 PM #15715

Jack Gustafson
    Participant

Brendan,

Thanks, about an hour after I posted this I was messing around with some sample forms I created, and wouldn’t you know, after looking at Tap Forms for the past few days, I finally seen the “All Forms” button appear after I did a search. Just came back now to say disregard, but thanks for the quick reply.

Par for the course, first question was one of those “duh” questions….

Jack

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.