Search or filter with NOT

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Ellen Herzfeld
    Participant

I need to find records containing certain words but NOT CONTAINING other words. Is there any way to do this?

As far as I can tell the filter method on text is only AND. A simple boolean search with NOT and OR would be fine. But especially NOT!

September 28, 2013 at 4:26 AM #6787

Ellen Herzfeld
    Participant

To complete my previous post, I was refering to the Mac app which is where I do the most work. I just found the NOT filter on the iPad, but would also like to have it on the Mac.

September 29, 2013 at 1:22 AM #6793

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Domellen,

That will be available on the next update for the Mac.

Thanks!

Brendan

September 29, 2013 at 2:52 AM #6800

Ellen Herzfeld
    Participant

OK. That’s fine. I can use the iPad for now. I also saw that the complicated and completely un-intuitive method of mixing the simple multi field search with the more specific search is handled a bit better on the iPad. On the Mac, it is almost impossible to comprehend. I did manage to use it but really… I hope you seriously reconsider the way it works now.

Ellen

September 29, 2013 at 2:27 PM #6803

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ellen,

On the next update to the Mac version there will be a popover next to the search field to get direct access to the multi-field search functionality. You won’t have to type in a search term into the search field first to bring that up. It makes it much easier to use.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.