Search Function on Iphone

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author

Case1001
    Participant

Hello

I am wondering why the bar code scanner search function works fine on Iphone version (global database search not Search in database) ? but not on ipad version I am able to search by description but not scan a bar code?

January 26, 2013 at 2:33 AM #5882

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Case,

That’s a very good question. And the answer is… oops! I seemed to have missed putting the button in for that. I’ll look into that.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 26, 2013 at 2:50 AM #5883

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Case,

I’ve just fixed that issue for the next update.

Thanks for reporting it.

Brendan

January 28, 2013 at 9:03 AM #5889

Case1001
    Participant

Thanks Any idea when you will have an update? Great product by the way.

January 28, 2013 at 12:03 PM #5890

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Case,

I’m just doing some more testing this week, so hopefully next week I’ll send it off to Apple for review.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 7, 2013 at 8:38 AM #5928

Case1001
    Participant

Hello Brendan

I was wondering if there is a way for you to add function for camera to be switched to the Front Facing Camera ? as the data app that I am working on requires Front Camera Scan? Thanks

Case

February 8, 2013 at 5:20 PM #5939

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Case,

That’s built-in. You just have to tap on the camera swap button in the upper-right corner when the camera view is being displayed. Tap Forms will remember the last camera selected whenever you tap on the camera button.

Thanks!

Brendan

February 8, 2013 at 8:38 PM #5940

Case1001
    Participant

Hello Brendan

I have checked both iPad and iPhone and I have no way to switch camera to forward facing camera, the camera app has the switch option but not when I go to use the scanner for bar codes? Am I missing a setting in the software ?

February 10, 2013 at 1:40 AM #5945

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Case,

Oh you’re right, on the scanner there’s no switch button.

Try accessing a Photo field, then switch the camera to the forward facing camera, then go back to your other field to use the barcode scanner. See if that fixes it. You could also try rebooting your phone to see if that fixes it too.

Although I just did a test on my iPhone 5 and it seems to always use the forward facing camera whenever I bring up the barcode scanner. So your’s is using the FaceTime camera to try and scan a barcode? That’s very strange.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 10, 2013 at 8:37 AM #5947

Case1001
    Participant

Hello Brendan

I rebooted both devices and tried what you have recommended by using photo field and switched to front camera then went to scanner and still no luck. I have tested on iPhone 4 and both iPad mini, iPad 2 and can not get the front facing camera in the tap form app.

February 11, 2013 at 3:56 PM #5960

Brendan
    Keymaster

That’s very strange. I tried on my iPad mini also and it only accesses the forward facing camera when I use the barcode scanner.

Are you referring to the FaceTime camera that you want to use for scanning? Or the one you normally take photos with? By forward facing I am referring to the camera on the back of the iPad and iPhone. Not the one you make FaceTime video calls with.

February 11, 2013 at 4:46 PM #5961

Case1001
    Participant

Hello Brendan

Yes I am speaking of the camera the is mounted in front of IPad, this would be used in the Facetime App.

Case1001

February 11, 2013 at 5:11 PM #5962

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Case,

Ah I see. Ok, I understand now. I always thought you meant the other one.

I was looking into that and didn’t see an obvious way to enable the camera flip button in the barcode scanner library I use. I use the open source Zbar library.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 11, 2013 at 6:29 PM #5963

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Case,

Ok, I’ve now added the ability to toggle between the front and rear camera on the barcode scanners throughout the app. It uses the same button as in the Photos app, but it doesn’t do the view flip animation as the Zbar reader library just doesn’t do that when switching cameras.

It will also remember the last camera you had selected independently of the camera last used inside any Photo field in Tap Forms.

It won’t be available in the next update though as I uploaded that to Apple just last night. So it will have to wait for the next one.

Thanks!

Brendan

February 11, 2013 at 9:08 PM #5966

Case1001
    Participant

Hello Brendan

Thanks for the hard work on that issue can’t wait to see the next release! Great product

March 25, 2013 at 7:29 AM #6064

Case1001
    Participant

Any news on next update?

March 25, 2013 at 9:39 AM #6065

Brendan
    Keymaster

My 3.1.2 update has been reviewed and approved by Apple. In fact, it was over 30 days ago. But it’s taking them forever to review and approve my Mac update. I want to release them at the same time. So as soon as the Mac update is approved I’ll release all the updates. Tomorrow it will be 1 month since I submitted my Mac update for review.

Viewing 16 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.