Search filters on file attachments not working

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Search filters on file attachments not working

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Robert Marko
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

on latest iOS version/app:

I have a ‘assets’ form with “receipts” file attachment fields (storing PDFs in them), and I recently tried searching for records that do not contain any PDFs in this field.

Tried the search filter and it came up with zero results. However there are many records in my form that I definitely know that do not have any PDF’s in this field – the search filter is not picking them up at all. Any ideas if this is a logic problem or perhaps database problem?

I tried “does not contain” and “is empty” .. they both don’t work. I did the inverse, “does contain” — it partially works, but instead it shows ALL the records regardless of receipts field either being empty or having a PDF inside it.

I also have multiple file attachment fields in the same record. Could it be having trouble parsing which field to use?

I’m a bit late to report this, as it’s been persistent since v5.0 launch, I didn’t use it often, so I thought by now it would’ve been fixed through bugfixes, but it hasn’t. So it wasn’t a feature I used frequently until now.

Cheers,
    Robert.

February 8, 2021 at 10:42 PM #43396

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

So it would seem that I didn’t have a provision in my saved search code to handle attachment fields. But it should work for the general search.

I’ll work on an enhancement for that.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.